Thursday 2 May 2013

Don't miss this one! Frank Doorhof tour of the UK

I met Frank Doorhof a few years ago in Holland.

As you can see he is a damn fine shooter.





To be honest I knew very little about him and what he was about, over the years I have seen him at work in seminars and I believe he is one of the very few people out there who gives seminars where the information is directly applicable to your own photography. Added to which some of the results achieved live on stage in front of a large audience are truly special. As the lighting wizard Dave Black  said when we sat in on one of Frank's seminars 'I know very few people who can create such beautiful photographs at a seminar in front of a very large audience'

High praise indeed.


You may even have caught him at The Flash Centre stand at Focus on imaging this year.


He has bags of energy and I defy anyone not to be moved into action by the man, he made me feel positively lazy and lacking in motivation (really!) and that I should get off my backside and SHOOT SOMETHING NOW!

So, a very talented Mr Motivator.

As you may have guessed from his name that he does not come from the UK, but this month Frank is doing a tour of the UK with shows in London, The Midlands and Edinburgh.

I reckon these shows are really good value.

If you feel like honing your lighting skills and perhaps more importantly rekindle your photo mojo, try and catch one near you, you will not regret it.

I will leave you with the words of Matt Kloskowski

“Frank is an absolute lighting genius. His vision, creativity, knowledge and casual style make him one of the best instructors out there today. If you get a chance to take a class with Frank, then jump on it! You won’t regret it”


2 comments:

Libby said...

Yes Frank is one of those special guys. I missed him when he was in NY (actually New Jersey) last month. The secret with a lot of the good ones though is clear focused thinking and breaking things down into simple components that work as a complex whole. Understanding the image goals and the thinking that gets you there is more important than the cameras brands, etc. You know what I mean.

You have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Libby,

Spot on.

Thinking over camera's every time.

His workshops are well worth checking out.

Drew