Saturday 5 March 2011

Heston Blumenthal on the Cover of F2



I have been a pro photographer for just about ever

But I never tire of getting a cover shot.

I was interviewed by freelance photographer magazine 'F2' about my foray into food photography
 with the book 'Loose Birds and Game' which has been getting some good reviews too.

For one week only (until 11/03/11) I'm offering readers of this blog a special discount price of £20 inc postage which makes it cheaper than anywhere else on the net, just enter the code F2LBG3

Sea Trout Ballontine

The shot on the cover was of gastronomic wizard and all round really good bloke Heston Blumenthal for  'GQ' magazine.

I shot it with Elinchrom ring flash with a Phase One P45+, a good way of doing a fast moving dynamic shoot which requires a breathtaking pace and adds that little pizzaz.

We had to do a ton of set ups in a very short space of time and the Ring flash made it possible.

A word of caution though, it is quite heavy, so best head down the gym and pump some iron first!

The interview in 'F2' magazine, which ended up being a talk about the industry and careers in photography amongst other things, has inspired me to run two affordable 'Going Pro' seminars

London, The Brunswick Centre 10/05/11

Birmingham, The Flash Centre 12/05/11

The seminars will be all about the nuts and bolts of going pro and how to get the clients you want, whether you have just graduated from Uni, are investigating a career change or just want to get better clients.

I will be sharing how it has worked for me over 30 years and how you too can apply my methods.

It will be limited to 25 places in each location.

I will blog in more detail about this after Focus on Imaging, in the meantime if you are at Focus drop in to the Phase One stand and I can tell you a little more.

See you at Focus.

No comments: